Tuesday, October 28, 2008

To Do Lists


Just thought you might want to see a picture of me and my sweet hubby from the reunion. Now that it is over, I have been thinking about what I would like to accomplish in the next ten years of my/our lives. Seeing that this past ten years has flown by so quickly, I remembered what I used to do in US Marine Corps Bootcamp while on rifle watch. I would write down to do lists of everything I was going to accomplish. Now if I could only find those lists and be able to cross some things off. Here is an idea of what one of my lists would look like

To Do 
1. Graduate Bootcamp
2. Graduate Fullerton College
3. Find Man of my Dreams, marry. 

Hahaha, it wasn't exactly like that, but you get the idea. I would methodically write down things I wanted to accomplish in the next couple of days, weeks, and months, then gradually work up to years. That do list strategy has helped me in other parts of my life. Such as when I was finally discharged and went back to school, I used it to get through classes and decide how to approach the next decision. I also learned how to prioritize my goals and activities surrounding the outcome, I would like to happen. I think that graduating from Parris Island South Carolina on April 20, 2001 taught me more than I can imagine even at this point in my life. 

No comments: