Saturday, December 20, 2008

Twlight

So, it is now December and I am finally getting around to posting about Twilight. I must say, I am not one to be up with the trends or even read Vampire Novels. Being LDS though, the buzz around sacrament was that there was this amazing writer who had such depth and character definition that you couldn't put down the novels. I love to read, it is a constant pastime of mine when I am not busy with classes, homework and the like. So when I bought Twilight for myself, I set out for the adventure, everyone had been telling me about. Little did I find out though, this book had been around for awhile. By the time, I had started to read it, the word of mouth buzz was amazing. I started reading it right before the fourth book was released. The book was true to the buzz and as soon as I made it through chapter 3 I was hooked. 

I fell in love with Edward and his protective ways of Bella, and the idea of him being a vampire didn't sound so awful when I got to understand the coven's way of life. A couple of ladies that I work with, also were reading the novels around the time the movie was coming out. I finished all four within a week between full time school, full time work and married life. My sweet DH didn't understand the idea of a book that you couldn't put down. Bella was such a depth of character and Edward had so many twists and turns and ways in the first book that I couldn't understand till I got further into the novel. I am the kind of girl, that will read the novel and then go see the movie. I don't like seeing the movie and then reading the book. I didn't have a group of girls to see the movie with, so my hubby and I saw it together. 

I am so out of the loop when it comes to having close girlfriends. It is things like, books and movies and discussing personal lives and relating them to characters that women understand more than men. I am working up to the point to where it feels comfortable to be around more women and make lady friends and trust them. This has been a hard move for me, due to the past issues I have had with women friends.

 Enough of that though, the movie was amazing. I wish it had more of the interaction between Edward and Bella. I thought that the conversations they had in the book gave it so much, and when things like that aren't included in a movie, then you don't understand all of what is going on. 

Overall, the movie was well done, and well thought through. The sequences where Edward shows Bella a Vampire in the light was so cool. Also, Bella's Lullaby is amazing. I can't wait to get the soundtrack. 

No comments: